Friday, August 28, 2009

Beef and Broccoli


Funny story...I had some meat in my fridge from a co-op company and they did not label it... I forgot what it was. It looked like chicken breasts, but it was too dark to be chicken. So, I figured I would cook it and find out!!! Exciting. Well it was pork cutlets... So, I got creative!

Sweet and sour pork

1 lb of diced pork
1 cup teriyaki sauce
1 can diced pineapples
2 tsp brown sugar
1 head broccoli
1 tablespoon cornstarch

I marinated the diced pork in teriyaki sauce for 2 hours. Cooked the pork in a skillet, then added the extra teriyaki sauce to the pork with 1 cup of pineapple juice from the can. I added brown sugar and cornstarch mixed with water. Very last minute I added the pineapples and broccoli until they were hot, cooked on a low heat.

Serve on top of white rice.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails