Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Lemon Caper Chicken on my B-day



Okay...it was my birthday yesterday and my husband spoiled me! He made me french toast with bacon and fruit for breakfast before work! It was so sweet! I came home to flowers that he planted on the kitchen table during his lunch break. Sometimes he really surprises me... Even after I say I think flowers are a waste of money.
Then...he made me my favorite dinner!



Lemon Caper Chicken

1 pound chicken (pounded flat)
small jar capers
1/4 cup lemon juice (fresh or concentrate)
1 cup white wine or chicken broth
2 small shallots
flour to dredge chicken

1. Mix salt and pepper in with the flour for dredging. Dredge chicken and place in hot pan with 1 tbsp olive oil. Cook 3-4 minutes on each side. Remove chicken.
2. De- glaze the pan with the wine add chopped shallots. Simmer until shallots are soft and add 1/4 cup lemon juice and capers.
3. Add Chicken simmer on low until sauce is thickened.
4. Serve on mashed potatoes.

This is my FAVORITE meal. I stole it from my sister in law.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails