Saturday, October 10, 2009

HARvEsT!!


My baby was sooooo very interested in the squash cooking....


My friend gave me some squash from her garden and it has been sittin in my garage getting in my way. So, I decided to make some bisque and freeze a bunch for the long, cold winter. It was easy as I suspected.

Butternut Squash

What you need:
Squash
Chicken Stock
onions
pear
apple
garlic
butter
salt/pepper
nutmeg
sugar
thyme
rosemary
water

Cook the squash until mushy to the finger
take off the skin and blend in the blender until pureed
cook the onion, pear, apple and garlic in butter (dice and peel before cooking)
Puree the onion mix after softened
Add all ingredients together I used two huge squashes and 2 cans of chicken stock
Bring to a boil then simmer for 20 minutes in order to infuse the flavors

* I put the extra soup in freezer cans from Ball and now I have single servings of Butternut Squash bisque for the winter. BTW a package of BS Bisque at the grocery store is close to 5.00!

I served this soup with a grilled cheese panini for dinner and it was a delish vegetarian meal. My hubby was not happy without meat, but I cannot be perfect all the time.

Next I will use up all my basil by making a pesto and freezing it. Stay tuned...

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails