Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Tuna Casserole anyone??


Tuna casserole is nostalgic for me... Although, I have never actually made it myself. It is a bit scary, cooking with tuna fish. But, once again I surprised myself. It was super yummy. I am actually very excited to eat it for lunch tomorrow. That is one of the great things about it... there are always leftovers :) My husband loved it too, he hates peas in tuna casserole and I forgot. But, he still enjoyed it.

Tuna Casserole

Ingredients:

  • 12 ounces medium egg noodles, cooked and drained
  • 2 cups cooked green peas
  • 2 cans condensed cream of mushroom soup
  • 1/2 cup milk
  • 1 1/2 cups sharp Cheddar cheese
  • 2 cans (approx. 6 ounces each) tuna, drained and flaked
  • salt and pepper, to taste
  • 1/2 to 1 cup soft bread crumbs
  • 1 tablespoon melted butter

Preparation:

Heat oven to 350°. Grease a 2 1/2 to 3-quart casserole dish.

Combine the noodles, peas, soup, milk, cheese, and tuna. Add salt and pepper, to taste. Spoon into the prepared baking dish.

Toss bread crumbs with butter and sprinkle over the top. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, until hot and bubbly and crumbs are browned.
Serves 6.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails