Thursday, November 5, 2009

Shrimp Scampi


I made shrimp scampi last night. It was very good. It was a really easy recipe. I get my shrimp from costco, frozen because they are pretty inexpensive and I think it is a 3 lb. bag for 12 bucks. I stretch it into 3 meals for me and my hubby. 4 dollars a meal is pretty good, I must say.

Shrimp Scampi

1 pound thawed shrimp, de-vained and tails removed
1 onion

4 cloves garlic
1/4 cup butter
1/4 cup olive oil
2 tablespoons lemon juice
2 tablespoons honey dijon mustard ( I used italian and it was good)
1 cup frozen peas

heat butter and oil until bubbling...
add chopped onion and garlic, sautee until almost crispy
add shrimp and cook 2 minutes
add lemon juice, dressing and peas and mix until heated throughout

Serve on white rice or pasta

This was my first time making shrimp scampi and it was surprisingly easy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails