Monday, February 22, 2010

crockpot pulled pork sandwich


I got this recipe off a blog called "A year of slow cooking" http://crockpot365.blogspot.com/2009/01/crockpot-barbecued-pulled-pork-recipe.html (Awesome blog!) I must say... that is dedication!

Pulled Pork (in the crock pot)

4 pounds boneless pork shoulder(I used boneless pork chops)
1 onion, sliced in rings
2 cups ketchup (a 24oz bottle seems to be exactly 2 cups. weird.) I used BBQ sauce!
1/2 cup warm water
1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
1/4 cup brown sugar
1 teaspoon gluten free Worcestershire sauce
1 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt

The Directions.

Use a 6 quart crockpot. Trim meat, and place into your crockpot. Add sliced onion. Squeeze in 2 cups of ketchup, and then pour 1/2 cup warm water into the ketchup bottle and shake. Pour the ketchup-y water into your crock. Add vinegar, brown sugar, Worcestershire, Tabasco and salt.
Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours, or until meat shreds easily with a fork.
Serve over rice, or make sandwiches on rolls or sliced bread.

I made home made french fries to serve on the side!! The vidalia chopper works wonders with cutting up the potato in fry sizes ☻

This was a really good recipe. The pork turned out just right. I used BBQ sauce in place of ketchup because I have had a bad experience making homemade BBQ sauce. I thought it was the perfect zing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails