Monday, February 8, 2010

Kettle Corn


Yummy... I was craving a treat tonight and my little one loves popcorn. So, I made kettle corn and it was incredibly easy and delish.


I used smart pop in the bag.

2 tbsp vegetable oil
2 tbsp water
2/3 cup brown sugar

Bring the oil, water and sugar to a rolling boil in a sauce pan, then bring it down to a simmer for 3 minutes stirring frequently.

Remove from heat and pour slowly over popcorn in a large bowl while mixing. ( I was nervous about this part, because I was afraid of it becoming soggy, but it worked )

Salt to your desired taste. (my husband would have preferred it with no salt, but that is what makes it kettle corn and not caramel corn!)

MMMMMMMM..... a cheap and easy snack for the family. It helped make my case of the Mondays go away.

4 comments:

  1. Hello,


    We bumped into your blog and we really liked it - great recipes YUM YUM.
    We would like to add it to the Petitchef.com.

    We would be delighted if you could add your blog to Petitchef so that our users can, as us,
    enjoy your recipes.

    Petitchef is a french based Cooking recipes Portal. Several hundred Blogs are already members
    and benefit from their exposure on Petitchef.com.

    To add your site to the Petitchef family you can use http://en.petitchef.com/?obj=front&action=site_ajout_form or just go to Petitchef.com and click on "Add your site"

    Best regards,

    Vincent
    petitchef.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for stopping by,I love your blog I need to eat healthier!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Kettle corn. Thanks for sharing. Please join me this Thursday for my Tasty Traditions meme.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That sounds good! I always wanted to try and make my own kettle corn, always been scared to try...might give this recipe a try!!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails