Friday, February 5, 2010

Shepherds pie


Shepherds Pie is one of my go-to meals. It is so easy, but a great family meal. I was on vacation in New York a couple years ago and we were eating at an Irish Pub... a friend of mine ordered and said, " I think I will go with the sheep herders pie." He was totally serious and we all just lost it. Maybe it was the drinks that night but I still think it is hilarious :)

So easy...

1 pound turkey burger
1 onion
1 package brown gravy
2 cans cut green beans
8 potatoes, boiled and mashed
1/4 cup butter for potatoes
1/3 cup milk
1 cup grated cheddar cheese

Cook the meat with the onion and add brown gravy.
Put the meat mixture on the bottom of a pan and top it with the green beans.
Next layer the mashed potatoes. Top with cheese.
Cook in the oven at 350 until cheese is melted.

It is the easiest, tastiest thing to do with ground meat! Or maybe I am partial because I am Irish...

2 comments:

  1. This is a favorite in my home also, although I hae a tendancy to forget about it at times. Yours looks wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this dish! And your recipe looks super easy! I just found you through "Friday Follow!". Been browsing through all your recipes! Yumm! :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails