Wednesday, March 24, 2010

sesame seed crusted ahi


I had some frozen ahi, and I wanted to do something different with it. I found a recipe where you coat it with sesame seeds before cooking it. I tried it and it was quite good. I think it needs a sauce so I made one up.

Salt and pepper the tuna. Dip each side of the tuna steak in sesame seeds. Heat 2 tbsp oil in a pan. When it is hot add the tuna and cook for 4 minutes on each side. (This will cook throughout) If you have sushi grade tuna just sear on each side for 1-2 minutes.


Orange Soy Glaze

After removing fish, while the pan is still hot... add

1/2 cup orange juice
2 tbsp cup soy sauce
2 cloves minced garlic
1 tbsp ginger powder

Bring to a boil and reduce while stirring constantly. (1-2 minutes)
Serve on top of fish.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails