Wednesday, June 16, 2010
There is nothing better than fresh berries, but they go bad so fast. Since my venture into frugaldom, I have learned so much. This is my newest thing. I buy lots of fresh berries when the are on sale for 99 cents a pint, flash freeze them and put them into baggies for oatmeal, to use on top french toast and in my cottage cheese.
This is how you do it:
1. Wash the berries.
2. Lay them flat on a towel until they are dry.
3. Place them on a sheet pan with enough room so they don't touch each other.
4. Put them in the freezer for about an hour.
5. Remove them and put them into baggies. (This way you can take out only what you need and they aren't all stuck to each other!)
6. Enjoy fresh berries year round!