Wednesday, August 25, 2010

This is cool



Did you know that you can boil scrambled eggs in a ziplock bag for 10 minutes and come out with a perfectly cooked omelet? I didn't, so I decided I had to put it to the test. Can you imagine how easy this would be for camping???

This is how I did it. I scrambled a couple eggs, added some diced red peppers, some turkey lunch meat, grated cheese and grated zuchinni. I poured the mixture into a bag. Next I brought the water to a boil, placed the bag in the boiling water (reluctantly). Waited 10 minutes, checked to see if it was cooked... (it wasn't all the way done) Put it back in for 2 more minutes and viola... a perfect and delicious omelet. I am going to try this out on our camping trip this weekend :).

Do you have any awesome tips, that I might be missing out on?


This is a recipe swap.
The rules are simple:
1. Link up with an awesome recipe.
2. Link back to me in some way, so we can get more entries.
3. Enjoy.



11 comments:

  1. We do ziploc omelets in my house all the time! Perfect for picky eaters and when you have 6 of them to make at a time! Here's the link to my post: http://messhalltobistro.blogspot.com/2010/07/ziploc-baggie-omelettes.html
    Thanks for hosting the recipe swap!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Honestly - how weird! I never would have thought of that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've actually done this camping, it is so nice because there is practically no clean up! However if making it for a lot of people the water does become murky and needs changed (like 20+).

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a very interesting idea - and it would be great if you were camping! Thanks for hosting :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. While this is a cool idea I wanted to warn you that it could possibly be toxic. See this link to read more about the dangers of cooking in a ziploc baggie.
    http://ezinearticles.com/?Toxic-Ziploc-Omelet-Procedure&id=1841554

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great idea! We will definitely be trying this!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am a new blogger and am following you; hope you will follow me back.
    http://Lindalovesblog.blogspot.com

    Nice blog!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That IS cool. What a great way to do several at once.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I don't do it a ziploc. I just whisk in a bowl and put them in the microwave. They taste good too! Visiting for the first time and loving all the great recipes you have here!

    Angie

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very cool! I posted a link to this recipe on my blog:
    http://thecraftbarn-ny.blogspot.com/2010/09/yummy-wednesday-or-should-i-say.html
    Thanks,
    Jennifer @ The Craft Barn

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails