Saturday, January 21, 2012

Lasagna soup


I love lasagna and I love soup so I knew I would love this! Saw it on pinterest and made my own easier version.

Lasagna Soup

1 lb ground turkey
1/2 package rotini noodles
1 onion diced
1 tbsp garlic minced
4 cups chicken broth
1 can diced tomatoes
2 tbsp tomato paste
pinch oregano
1 bay leaf
salt and pepper

cheese mixture:
1/2 cup cottage cheese
1/4 cup mozzarella shredded
1/4 cup parmesan shredded

Cook ground turkey.
Add onion and cook until soft.
Add garlic.
Add everything else but the pasta.
Bring to a boil then simmer for about 30 min.
Add pasta and cook for about 7 minutes.
Mix the cheese mixture together and garnish with a heaping spoonful :).

( I made this in the crockpot, cooked the meat first, added the rest of the ingredients and cooked for 4 hours on low. I added cooked pasta right at the end.)

2 comments:

  1. Mmmm, sounds yummy, I like that you can make it in the slow cooker!
    Tracey

    ReplyDelete
  2. This recipe hit at the right time - my 12 yo aasked for lasagne this week, but no GF noodles in our little town this week...so soup it is!
    Blessings
    http://bit.ly/aBX5p5

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails