I found this recipe on one of my new favorite food blogs called our family treat. The name of these enchiladas really intrigued me AND I had everything I needed, which is a plus.
- 4 Chicken breasts cooked (I boiled the chicken) and shredded
- 3 tbsp lime juice (I used lemon)
- 4 tbsp honey
- 1 tsp chili powder and garlic powder
- 1 bag of flour tortillas
- Cheese (I used mexican blend)
- 1 regular size can green enchilada sauce
- 1/2 container of sour cream
Mix together chicken, lime juice, honey and spices and let marinate for a bit.
Mix enchilada sauce and sour cream in a sauce pan and mix while heating.
Pour just enough sauce on the bottom of the casserole pan to coat it.
Put together the enchiladas chicken mixture and a small handful of cheese, roll up and place seam side down in the pan. Repeat.
Cover the enchiladas with the remainder of the sauce. (Be sure to cover all the tortilla or they will be crispy.)
Cover with cheese.
Heat in the oven at 350 for 30 minutes.
Serve with beans.
This is a great enchilada recipe and very easy. Thanks "Our Family Treat!"