Friday, April 16, 2010

honey walnut chicken


I don't know if you have ever had honey walnut shrimp at a Chinese restaurant, but it is SO good. I felt like Chinese tonight. I am trying to stay on budget, so I couldn't go pick some up! (sad) SO... I made it myself. I didn't have any shrimp in the freezer, hence, the chicken. I found a good recipe, simplified it... My hubby said it was "amazing." I agree.

Honey Walnut Chicken or Shrimp

1 lb chicken (cut into strips) or
1 lb raw shrimp
1/2 cup corn starch
1/2 cup egg whites
1/2 cup walnuts
1tbsp brown sugar

Toast walnuts with brown sugar in oil, remove from oil, set aside on paper towel to drain.
mix together corn starch and egg whites until blended and put the raw meat into the batter, let it soak for a few minutes.

Sauce:
2 tbsp honey
3 tbsp mayonnaise
1 tbsp lemon juice

mix sauce and set aside.
Heat 2 tbsp oil in the skillet and get to a boil on medium high heat. (beware of splatter) Add chicken to oil and let it cook for 2 minutes on each side or until lightly browned. Remove chicken, drain oil, put chicken back in pan on heat. Add the sauce to the cooked chicken or shrimp with the walnuts, mix gently, remove from heat.

Serve on top rice.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails