Can you believe I am actually making soup at the end of April???? Well, if you are in Utah you will know why... it snowed today. So, I guess soup is fitting! Oh and this is a delicious soup...
Stuffed Pepper Soup
- 1 pound ground beef/ turkey burger
- 1 chopped onion
- 1 tbsp chopped garlic
- 2 cups water
- 1 can (28 ounces) tomato soup
- 1 can (28 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 cups cooked long grain rice
- 2 cups chopped green or red peppers
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons beef bouillon granules
- 1 teaspoon pepper
Cook meat until done. Add onion and saute until clear. Add all other ingredients, except rice and garlic. Bring to a boil, then simmer for 30 minutes. Add rice and garlic, simmer for 10 more minutes. Serve with cheese.